Who Needs Grounds Maintenance Services?
Ground maintenance workers maintain the grounds of homes, businesses, parks, and more. They ensure that the landscape grounds are attractive, trimmed, and are healthy. Grounds maintenance companies are often outsourced by commercial companies as a more convenient alternative to ensuring grounds are well kept which the majority of the time can be a time consuming process.
Some of the work involved in ground maintenance, includes the following:
- Mow lawns
- Trim and edge around walks, flower beds, and walls
- Landscape by planting flowers, grass, shrubs, and bushes, also trim shrubs and pull weeds
- Apply pesticides when needed
- Apply fertilizer, snow clearance
- Perform a variety of routine maintenance
- Sweep walkway of debris
- Cut down tree limbs that are posing a danger.
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures
- Install lawn furniture
- Rake, mulch, and prune the grounds as needed
- Install rock, cement, lighting, water, and furniture.
- Water plants and grass as needed and apply fertilizer.
Ground maintenance workers for parks are semi-skilled or skilled employees whose work involves landscaping, designing, and caring for business grounds within a city landscape and wooded park areas. Workers must keep trees, flowers, and plants free from disease and insect control.
They must construct irrigation systems, understand soil preparation, sodding, and seeding. Set-up for special events; keep picnic pavilions safe and clean; keep park restrooms clean; and performs safety inspections of equipment and facilities when necessary.