Home owners and small businesses believe that a DIY roofing project will save them money. A properly maintained roof is a complicated system of varying repair and/or replacement components that must all work together to keep bad weather related problems outside the building and not inside.
The roof is the properties primary defense from natural weather elements and hazards and therefore can be most vulnerable part of a building. The roof is continually exposed to weather and other elements that can contribute to the ongoing deterioration, increasing the risk of damage to the roof itself and the contents below it.
A programmed frequency of inspection, maintenance, and repair activities should be part of your operational planning in order to extend the useful life of your roof and make sure it does its job in protecting your business from weather damage.
Roofing requires the skills and experience of safely accessing and working on a roof, carrying heavy objects up and down, to use the correct tools and safety equipment correctly. Using a professional roof maintenance company will save time and money.
Carefully think about trying to save money because the risk is not worth it. If you decide to be a DIYer roof repair person, you could easily get hurt, you could make a costly mistake, plus you could incur added costs to fix what may be a simple problem. This is why it is best to choose a licensed and certified, professional roofing maintenance company that can do the job efficiently, quickly, and safely.
Also, a professional roofer will take care of many issues and problems that you are not aware of. They can maintain and perform many roofing tasks, such as:
- Check all mortar on chimneys and parapet walls
- Check all sealants and flashings to make sure that they are not deteriorated and need resealing
- Check skylights for signs of condensation between panes and integrity of the frame
- Check vents or fans.
- Check slate shingles: check for cracked, missing, or broken slate.
- Clean all debris from the surface of the roof and guttering.
- Inspect entire roof surface for possible damage caused by wind, trees or vermin.
- Trim back any overhanging tree limbs to prevent damage to the roof from fallen branches.
Your roof is a valuable assets and it should be properly maintained with the help of a roofing contractor. Professional roofing maintenance companies are a full service solution that handles new roof installations, restorations, repairs, and re-roofing, all with extended warranties and great customer service.